If you’re entertaining vegetarians or non-shellfish eaters, consider bowls of red beans and rice, gumbo or jambalaya. You’ll also want dips, which typically include hot sauce, cocktail sauce and the star sauce for any boil, remoulade.
What side dish goes with seafood boil?
Side dishes to serve with a shrimp boil
- Cornbread: Try Homemade Cornbread, Cornbread Muffins or Vegan Cornbread.
- Popovers: These Popovers are easy and always a winner. …
- Coleslaw: This Best Coleslaw is a crunchy, fresh counterpoint.
What appetizer goes with seafood boil?
Make baked artichoke & crab dip for an appetizer that incorporates more coastal flavor. Hummus is always a crowd please’r and serving it with crudites makes it easy to add in more veggies to the menu.
What do you need for a crawfish boil?
- 1 sack (30-35 lbs) of fresh, live crawfish.
- 2 lbs of andouille sausage cut lengthwise then into 2-3 inch pieces.
- 5 lbs red potatoes.
- 10 ears of corn on the cob, husked and cut into 4ths or 3rds depending on size.
- 3 heads of garlic unpeeled.
- 3 large white onions sliced thick.
- 4 large lemons halved.
- 8 bay leaves.
What kind of salad goes with seafood?
- of 22 Shrimp Salad with Green Curry Dressing.
- of 22 Spinach and Smoked Salmon Salad with Lemon-Dill Dressing.
- of 22 Warm Shrimp Salad with Kamut, Red Chile and Tarragon.
- of 22 Shrimp-and-Boston-Lettuce Salad with Garlic, Anchovy, and Mint Dressing.
- of 22 Grilled Squid Salad with Arugula and Melon.
What beer goes with seafood boil?
IPA (Indian Pale Ale) – The recommended IPA beer is the Two Hearted Ale by Bell’s Brewing Company. It has a strong citrus taste, floral aroma and hoppy undertones, which create a smooth tasting beer that works as a perfect flavor foil to the spices traditionally used in a Louisiana crawfish boil.
What goes good with seafood?
There are 5 types of side dishes in particular that go well with seafood:
- Grilled or Steamed Vegetables. Flakier fish like fluke, tilapia and flounder cook best on the grill or in the oven when they are wrapped in foil. …
- Potatoes. …
- Pasta. …
- Salad. …
What dessert goes well with low country boil?
What dessert goes well with low country boil? Louisiana strawberries are coming into season, so a strawberry shortcake or homemade strawberry ice cream might be good choices (my family Good Friday crawfish boil tradition involves homemade hand-cranked ice cream).
How many pounds crawfish per boil?
A good guideline for any crawfish boil is 3 pounds per person. However, it is important to take your guests into consideration when you place your order. For example, if your guests are big eaters, you may want to order 5 pounds for those individuals.
How do you clean crawfish before boiling?
Wash crawfish thoroughly with running water, removing any that are crushed. Fill a large pot with enough water to cover crawfish. Add powdered seasoning mix to the water. One pound of powdered crawfish boil will cook approximately 15 pounds of crawfish.
How do you plan a crawfish boil party?
Get Messy! 5 Tips for Hosting a Crawfish Boil
- Find a good source for your seafood. …
- Designate a boil-master. …
- Give a quick lesson on how to eat. …
- Encourage guests to eat everything.
What do I serve with Low Country Boil?
A big pot of low country boil is essentially a meal in itself, so no extras are required, but you can’t go wrong with a nice side of grilled bread and melted butter. Or extra hot sauce!
Is there a fish dessert?
Westerners often wonder why taiyaki, a dessert, is shaped like a fish. It originated from imagawayaki, a very similar pastry which is a round shape rather than a fish shape. … The fish shape is recognizable around the world.
What is a good dessert after steak?
Here are some of the best desserts you can pick to complement your steak dinner.
- Tart and pies. Tart/pie is a dessert whose base is made using pastry that is combined with a variety of fillings. …
- Fruit salad. …
- Ice cream sundaes. …
- Cheesecake. …
- Chocolate cake.